Monday, November 30, 2009

Eye make up (colorwheel)?

brown eyes :) whats the opposite of brown in the colorwheel? i dont know what colors of eyeshadows to use be it natural, smokey, etc. what shades are nice for me for smokey eyes too? :) thanks :)Eye make up (colorwheel)?
Right now darker colors are what's in style, no not the navy blue eyeshadow from the 80's!!! I'm not sure about the color wheel, but one sure fire way to see what colors look best on you with your skin tone and eye color is to go to a boutique and let them do a makeover, then they will recommend what's what for ya! The malls have those set up in stores like Macy's and Bealls. Anyway, have fun with makeup. Remember, if you like it then no one else's opinion really matters.!!!Eye make up (colorwheel)?
Salespeople don't necessarily know what looks good on a person, they're trying to sell whatever they have.


It is, however, amusing that the answer you picked as the ';best'; was the only one that didn't really answer your question. Report Abuse

check out my website.. we have a virtual makeover section and its pretty cool. you upload a pic and you can play with all the diff things like, eye colors, blush lipstick... and even hairstyles and hair color.. It might give you some ideas! : )





marykay.com/melissat Report Abuse

I have brown eyes too and browns and pinks look good.
if u want that smokey look use dark browns or blacks, if u have blonnd hair you sould probably just go with brown, it works well for me maybe it will for you too =]
Almay has those color coordinated things


Purple works really well for me


But I'm Asian so my skin tone might be different than yours.





And yeah, black is usually the only color you'd use for smoky


But you can experiment with a combination of eyeliner (liquid/pencil/powder) and eyeshadow to make it look smoky.
check the links below for beauty tips to:-- * Eyeshadow - Makeup Tips


http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2006/鈥?/a>
Unfortunately I'm unsure of the opposite on the colorwheel, however, I think I know where you're going with this - you want something to make your eye ';pop';. Brown eyed girls have some really lovely options for this. My favorites are sapphire blue, teal, plums and greens. For a natural look you could do a shimmery champagne and various shades of brown.


The great thing about smoky eyes is that you're not limited to greys and blacks - try one of the colors I've listed above, you can do stunning smoky effect with plums or blues - the color options are endless. I think the trick to playing with colors is to stick to things that aren't too frosty - that can look dated.


Here's a great tutorial on doing a smoky eye:


http://raquel13.com/makeup/tutorials/


(click on ';smoky eye'; to the left)


I've been pushing this site a lot today, but all of the tutorials are amazing.


Also, there are some great and inexpensive brands of eyeshadow available for experimenting - two I would recommend are Wet N Wild (not kidding - great quality) and Milani (Milani is also great for colored eyeliners) - that way you can experiment without hurting your wallet too much. You can find both of those at Walgreens (if you have it) and I have seen Milani in target recently.


Have fun with it! Hope this helps.
Almay has the best eyeshadow kits now. They come already coordinated for different eye colors. I have brown eyes, so I buy the one made for brown eyes. I was, and am still amazed at how it makes my eyes stand out, and brightens them up. You can do it different for day, and also for night. There's eyeliner and mascara that goes with it too, but I like my black eyeliner and black mascara instead. You can find it at Target or Wal-Mart, or Walgreens. But if you don't go that route, shades of purple look awesome! Also bronzes, and peachy colors for highlighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment